Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'm Back

      
We are back from our Hawaiian vacation and I am back from my break from blogging.   I have lots of excuses for not blogging.  I didn't have a computer... well we did have multiple laptops but the connection was slow.   Plus Angie  and Alana and even Nicole did some posts that covered lots of what we did so I didn't have to.  (Plus there were lots of other things I would rather do in Hawaii than blog - like hanging out with Tyken and Brylie on the beach).

So we left this . . .



And returned to this . . .


My first morning back I had to bundle up to go out and shovel the sidewalk, start the car to warm it up and clear off the 6 inches of snow that had accumulated and scrape the ice off the windows.  And then risk my life slipping and sliding while attempting to drive the girls to school on the icy roads.   On Tuesday I put the snow tires on the van.


At least its not that cold (by Canadian winter standards).  Its been around freezing.   But in the next week they are expecting the -20 to -30 temperatures.


So when Jamie and Jenelle asked me why we live here I had no good answer.




I loved Hawaii!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

....?....
Rocket science must be very difficult these days!

.Ang. said...

Today we are having a "Hawaiian Snow storm"

Remember that time i wrote an email apologizing in advance for the rain then we prayed really hard and the weather was gorgeous for you guys???

well, it finally came!!

HARD! roads and homes are flooded, we are lucky and dry at this point. the guys are all out sandbagging (nice to have the beach so close!!)

i'll post pictures later!

Wilma said...

What a drastic change... A body could go into shock!