I believe that if it hurts to go outside its too cold. I took this picture of the thermometer outside our nook window. It may not be obvious because there is no "-" sign, but this show about -27 or -28 C or -18 F. Add a little wind to this and the its a wind chill factor of -35 to -40. Baby Its Cold Outside.

I've had to bundle up and go out and shovel the walk and driveway. Can someone explain to me why we have a driveway that is 3 cars wide? It can literally take over an hour to clear shovel the show off the driveway. Fortunately we have an angel that lives in our neighborhood. This angel has a snow blower and has come by and visited our driveway a couple times. It takes him less than 5 minutes to do what takes me over an hour.
I wish I was in Hawaii again. I've been meaning to post blogs about our trip. Some of the girls a have posts about the trip. Check out Angie, Alana, Erika and Nicole's (on Wilma's blog) blogs to see some of the things we did.
Alana says that I need to update my blog and add my perspective. So I'll do a series of updates with some highlights of my trip (in random order).
Highlight - Music video from Hawaii.
I don't know how the girls did this but Judy and I went to bed and they hadn't started and when we woke up the next morning they had this fun video.
This made me laugh. I've played around with doing some videos in the past and I kind of know what is involved. I'm amazed at what they were able to accomplish in a short time. Good work girls. Now you can tell people about the time you went to Hawaii to film a music video. This video is on Angie, Alana and Erika's blogs as well.
8 comments:
finally some updates on oyur blog.. and mention of your trip to hawaii.
you'd be surprised what we are capable of. as you say.. we have the technology.
but we didn't have final cut,
which could have been useful!
i am not sure if i really want to come home to that cold weather. but as i tell people here.. once you get before -20 it all feels the same.. COLD!
Dang, that IS cold, and TOO cold for me...that's probably the main reason why I like it down here in Utah. Cold here might be in the 20s and that doesn't happen too often.
I agree with Alana, once it hits a certain degree below zero, it's all the same. But the amazing thing is how quickly a person can adapt to certain cold weather. I remember the "winter of 2000"... when we all went to Sharon's to celebrate the New Year and it was -30C and by the time we left, we were outside with coats but they weren't done up. Crazy...
Bundle up! and be nice to your neighbor with the snow blower...
It is cold - I drove to work wrapped in a blanket this morning. On 14th I was shocked to see the homeless red light walkers with the cardboard signs still out, I felt SO BAD for them! We need to appreciate our warm house and winter gear more.
Candi
You should have given the homeless person your blanket!
If I were homeless I would panhandle until i had enough to buy a one way ticket to Hawaii!
I forgot what the cold felts like. until my dream last night. It was the kind of cold that hurts your fingers, and your toes, and your face, it sticks in your nose and your nose hairs freeze together for a brief second, and if you breathe through your mouth it suffocates you, your eyelashes grow icicles, and your skin starts to burn...
I imagine that's how it feels out there right now..
It doesn't quite feel like christmas here without the snow, but I don't think I miss it all that much.
Its really cold in our area too. Its been awhile since we have had such cold weather. The year Sharon and Darren were married it was minus 30-to minus 40 the whole month of November and into December.That was the year Angie was born in Raymond. I don't think there was as much snow though.
Wilma -- it looks like you will have a white Christmas
too. Merry Christmas to everyone!
... it was cold here last week.. but today a high of 82 degress.. hard to believe when we had snow last thursday... Stay warm..
Doug...tell me...
About your 'Raving Fan' blog — I'd like to know where this fits. This morning I went to a new HOMEDEPOT in Windemere(Ambleside). Picture this..7AM..19 employees...2 shoppers...door locked(had to go to the construction entrance)...NO CASHIERS OPEN...(only 4 self checkouts)...8 people standing there.NOW 7:20...I am the only shopper...I ask..."Can I check out now?(The employees are doing their 'raw'raw'raw chant...I wait until they are finished) ...Oh...you'll have to walk down to the service counter at the other end because they are open(the chant is over and there are now 5 people standing at the checkout. OK..Now manager says that I have the wrong shelving and replaces it with the "LOST LEADER" shelves. In the meantime, he doesn't reload the cart and leaves a piece of shelving...NOW 7:45..I'm checked out walking to the car (remember -35) and he comes running out saying I left a shelving piece(that he forgot to put back in the cart) and pulls my buggy back in...no price on shelf...I wait 10 minutes and politely excuse myself..NOW 7:55...but there are a few more shoppers in the store.(3 maybe 4)
By the way I told them the self was 6.95 but she didn't believe me...man is looking for the price . I would say I'm NOT a ROVING FAN! What do you think?
...or a RAVING FAN
Post a Comment