Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Night Before Christmas

Our Christmas Tree 2008 version


It was the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring but dad missing his kids in Hawaii.

I know its not very poetic but I just wanted to let all of you in Hawaii that I wish we were all together at this Christmas season (preferably over there - because of the -25 weather here).  That means you Angie, Mike, Brylie, Tyken and Erika.  But it also includes Jacqui, Brent, Craig, Blair and Troy.

With Sharon and Darren back at home I'm glad that you all have each other for Christmas.  I calculate that there will be 12 of you for Christmas dinner tomorrow in Hawaii.   That will beat us and we will be going to the Kays with Grandma Anderson for dinner tomorrow.   There will only be 11 of us there.   Enjoy your time together.

I'm grateful that we were able to all be together for American Thanksgiving.

This has to be one of the best posed pictures we've ever taken as a family.  This is of course based on the Norman Rockwell painting below.   (that's Mike who only has hair showing)
  
And to tie it back to Christmas take a look at Tony Bennett's new Christmas Album cover.
(isn't that too funny?)
   

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.


(These were taken in the Laie Temple Visitor's Center.)

7 comments:

Erika said...

MISS YOU!

Merry Christmas! love you and wish I could be there!

.Ang. said...

I'm missing you guys tonight!!

Wish you were HERE!! Actually, despite the warmer weather, It just isn't the same without the snow.

I love you!

"See" you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

The best to all of you this Christmas season. You've had some good memories this year!

Best of 2009!

Wilma said...

Merry Christmas!

Very nice Christmas tree.

It was nice talking with you this morning.

May Takahashi said...

Loved all the pictures. I am so happy to know that even though the family are not all together they are
enjoying this Christmas day.
I miss you all but am thinking of you and wishing you the merriest Holiday season.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family Doug!

~Laura

Anonymous said...

OK Doug - here is another RAVING FAN story of DOWNTOWN SHOPPING...NOT!

Last night at Zak's BD dinner a friend mentioned that he had gone BOXING DAY SHOPPING downtown (Edmonton) and there was hardly anyone there. ***tWINkle**lig*hts** in my brain and I could hardly wait to hit downtown - picturing in my mind no people...yeesss!

Well he was right..it was deserted, so I parked on the street. METER SAYS: Saturday $1.oo per hour. Monday to Friday $2.50 per hour...

Begins at 9AM. So 8:15 I run into the Bay...(I'm so smug because I'm parked right in front of the door) and at 9:AM I run out to put $1.oo into the meter ...it reads 24 minutes!

hmmm. must be some new way of measuring time - maybe the time clicks in at 36 minutes. So I'm off shopping and as I am returning at 9:40, I see in the distance the bylaw officer give me a ticket ($35.) for expired time. I run down the street to catch him...he turns the other way so I jump in my car and chase him down and try to explain. (actually I was pretty angry..!)

...but I put in a dollar and the meter says $1.00 per hour on Saturdays...

...he says "Too bad it is your word against mine and the meter was expired".

...I'm telling you at 9:49 I still had time left from the dollar.

...he says..."OH..not my fault the meter is wrong and its your word against mine". (twice..must happen often - the your word against mine)

...being the proverbial "Don't shoot the messenger advocate I let it go."

TAKE NOTE: I counted 3 bylaw officers at 9:48 in the downtown area at 9:50AM. Must be a great business for downtown revenue!

DOWNTOWN SHOPPING......NO SIR-EEe!
NOT A RAVING FAN!!!

...BUT Have a great holiday break and a very stable NEW YEAR!