I love Christmas music. When we were in Hawaii there was a radio station that was playing only Christmas music. It was great. Finally last week one of the stations here went to straight Christmas music. Some years there will be a new Christmas song or Album that will catch my attention.
I think I've come across a new favorite. Yesterday I was driving Jenelle to school and we heard this version of the 12 days of Christmas on the radio. They said its their #1 request this Christmas. This song became popular because 1 of the members of the group posted this 10 year old video of them on YouTube.
Enjoy!
They are called Straight No Chaser. They reunited after 10 years to record a new Christmas Album this year.
I like their sound. Listening to them brings back fond memories of my days as a Keith Wood Singer.
(Click here for a link to an MP3 Recording featuring vocals by The Keith Wood Singers)
I know the recording is not a Christmas song. We had some great Christmas tune but I don't think they are recorded. The Keith Wood Singers did record a CD but we should have done a Christmas CD - then we could sell it every year. Straight No Chaser's first album was a Christmas Album. THat was smart - Now no matter what else happens they will sell albums every holiday season - Just ask Johnny Mathis.
... and who knows...maybe a lost video of the Keith Wood Singers singing Christmas Carols will appear on YouTube and we will reunite to record a Christmas Album...Wake up Doug...You're dreaming...
I know the recording is not a Christmas song. We had some great Christmas tune but I don't think they are recorded. The Keith Wood Singers did record a CD but we should have done a Christmas CD - then we could sell it every year. Straight No Chaser's first album was a Christmas Album. THat was smart - Now no matter what else happens they will sell albums every holiday season - Just ask Johnny Mathis.
... and who knows...maybe a lost video of the Keith Wood Singers singing Christmas Carols will appear on YouTube and we will reunite to record a Christmas Album...Wake up Doug...You're dreaming...


5 comments:
remember when you came to utah and they were playing all christmas music then too??
i really like Amy Grant's christmas album and have been listening to that station on my pandora while i study.
and i came across Joseph's Lullaby by Mercy me which i enjoy. Angie sang it a couple of years ago.. its a great one!
keep up with the posts!
Sorry Doug the Keith Wood Singers song didn.t come up. It said Error 404'
I loved the rendition of 12 days of Christmas.
Its cold down here too. It just keeps snowing. and Dad keeps shoveling. WE got spoiled with so little snow last year. Las Vegas had 8 cm of snow--first time in 33 years-I think they said.
Last night, Erika and I made Red velvet cupcakes, and oreo truffles, and puppy chow, and listened to Christmas music! Whenever and Amy Grand christmas song came on i missed being at home dancing around to the music, getting ready for Christmas.
I don't think I've started so many sentences with "Back home" before.
I really enjoyed that video you posted!! It kind of reminded me of all the times I watched you guys practice, and all the times i came and watched you sing to all the old people. (Only it wasn't as awkward when they did actions/tried to act)
I miss that.
We miss you guys!!
I didn't know this entry was there and now the video has been removed because of "copyrights by a third party" and I can't watch it.
Is that an Amy Grant album from the 90s? I have a cassette (yes, cassette) of her Christmas music. I should find that AND something to play it on.
Try this link to the 12 days of Christmas. Its from this year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3qcAVE1dRk
Post a Comment