Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter Eggs

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

When we reminisce about trips my family often remembers places by the food we eat.   The girls told Wilma and Dave about our Church history trip.  One day we had lots of driving to do.   As the day went on the girls complained that they were hungry and my response was that they just ate.   They mentioned that it was 10 hours ago.   Judy confirmed that and my response was "I told them to put a bagel in their pocket" (we stayed at a place that had a free continental breakfast).   Candi also mentioned that Judy said "to put a bagel in her pocket" at the hotel her and Candi stayed a few weeks ago.  The lady that worked there overheard Judy and kept a eye on both her and Candi until they left.  That story came up because Wilma reminded us all to refill our drinks before we left the place we were eating at.

Speaking of food - we had another first today.   We went to In-N-Out burger.  (It was actually my second time - I went a couple weeks ago when I was in California).


We'd heard lots about it and Wilma mentioned they were now in Utah.





It kind of reminded me of Peter's in that there were so many people working there.

Only 4 things on the menu.  Single Burger, Cheese Burger, Double Burger and Fries.  Makes it easy to figure out what you want.

It was good - like a homemade burger.




Easter Eggs

This afternoon and evening we colored Easter Eggs - the real ukranian way.  With candles and wax.


We started with these and turned them into works of art.


Even Blade got into the actionl


Wilma also did some with silk ties she got at the thrift store (remind me to do an entry of "Thrifting" sometime)


My sister Sheila got all of the supplies for Wilma.  That is the tool for writing on the egg with wax.
You put wax on the egg where you don't want it to change color in the dye.  You go from lighter colors to darker colors and use the wax in between each color.




After you die the egg you have to wipe off all the wax.








Here's some of the work we did.


I think Candi did this one.


I got into it and here are the two I did.


I really did do this one


Same egg - another view.

At the end I was the only one doing it.  It reminded me of when I watch High School Musical for the first time.  The girls were all excited to watch it.  We all started but the only one left watching at the end was me.  


And one more thing - the weather.


It snowed most of the day today.

4 comments:

May Takahashi said...

Thanks for the update. Seems like you folks are making good use of your time. Enjoyed all the Easter Egg decorating and enjoyed all the pictures of your
tour of Salt Lake Church area.
At least the weather here is a little more spring like.
Sunday is supposed to be sunny here.
Glad you are having fun .Its a good time to be there.
Enjoy your reunion. , Say Hi to everyone
Love Mom

Erika said...

That all looks like so much fun! I desperately wish I could be there with you! Keep me updated!

LOVE YOU

Lana Dawn said...

hahaa.. your highschool musical reference made me laugh - cause it is so true!

nice eggs, i am impressed!

were the burgers better this time?

miss you

keep the posts coming

Sharon said...

Looks like a great party down there in Utah!

The easter eggs look great!