Friday, August 7, 2009

Congratulations Erika!

In my post on Erika's birthday I included a link to a youtube video that she put together for a Jonas Brother's cover contest.     Yesterday she called me and told me that she got an email telling her that she made the top 10.




Its amazing that she did all the instruments and vocals.    What is just as amazing to me is that she did all the sound and video recording and mixing on her macbook.  She used the built-in camera and microphone and the software that comes with the computer - iMovie and Garageband.

The results of the contest were posted today.    Erika was a runner up.   Good Job Erika.  You're a winner in my books.

You can see the official results on the Team Jonas website.

3 comments:

Wilma said...

Yes, Congratulations Erika! I saw all the talent in your video and I'm glad others did also. To be a runner up in such a huge contest... that's impressive.

Like with your Dad, you're a winner in my book also (unfortunately, it's not a macbook, but maybe one day...)

May Takahashi said...

Congratulations Erika! When I first viewed your song I realized what an amazing piece of work it was, I guess everyone else thought so too- even the Jonas brothers,
Thanks Doug for putting it on the blog,

Laura said...

WOW!!! That's awesomesauce.

Totally amazing. Congrats to your daughter :)