Saturday, May 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Jenelle!

Today (May 1) was Jenelle's birthday.  You need to check out Angie's blog for a great tribute to Jenelle
   

I offered to take her out for lunch.  She had the choice of where she would like to go.  She choose Costco for fries and gravy.
   
  
We had a special dinner when everyone got home from school and work.   Jenelle requested shoyu chicken.   It was oishii.
   
   
Thanks to Candi and Alana there was an ice cream cake.
   



   

   

   
    
There were lots of presents 
  
  
The other girls were having fun
   
 
Jamie made this necklace for Jenelle
  
As well as this ring 
   
There were gifts from Hawaii.
   
But there was one gift that really shocked Jenelle
She couldn't believe it. 

She was over come with emotion
  
We couldn't tell if she was laughing or crying.
   
A look of disbelief.
   
Looks like she was crying.  
But they were happy tears.  What was the present?
   Tickets for her and her sisters to go see the Jonas Brothers in Edmonton.
   
She didn't see this one coming.
   

   
Happy Birthday Jenelle!!!!
  

10 comments:

May Takahashi said...

I knew you would post a blog for Jenelle and so I just checked it after 12. What a great Birthday she had.
I have heard about the Jonas brothers but not familiar with their music. I know the younger generation are crazy. about them.Its nice that the girls can enjoy the performance together.
Tell Candi that I liked the pictures of her in my nurses uniform Sorry I couldn't find all of my uniform. She did a good job on making a replica of the cap. She looks good in the nurse's uniform. Too bad nurses don't wear uniforms like they used to. That picture she put on of me reminds me that I was young once. ---A long time ago.
Angie paid an excellent tribute to Jenelle. It was very touching.

.Ang. said...

I MISS YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!

JJ, that jewlery is Awesome!!!

and Erika- way to make all the other gifts look bad! haha jk!! it was the greatest idea of all time! and now you are in the JoBros fanclub for life!!! and THAT is your own little Jonas Bonus!

That is the greatest reaction (From both Erika and Jenelle!!) I posted it on my blog as well! She didn't see that one coming AT ALL!!. She probably thought they were "Hug coupons" Or something! :)

BEST.PRESENT.EVER!

The first video didn't work for me, but from the pictures of Jenelle and the cake, the candles looked GIANT!!!

I'm so excited for you gals!!!

LOve you!!!

M. Piepgrass said...

Great party! And Jonas Brothers? I am green with envy. Happy B-day Jenelle.

Burgess Family said...

That was great! I actually know who the Jonas Brothers are. Loved the video and getting in on all the excitement.

And the jewlery was pretty impressive.

jacquirae said...

Bahahahahah! So funny!

Jamie - Love the necklace! I have one kinda like it but I didnt make it and I've always wanted to do a replica. Maybe you can teach me. And the ring is wayyy cool too.

Alana - love the outfit

Candi - Love your laugh! I can pick it out of the crowd. Haha.

Erika - Best gift ever!!!

Jenelle - Best reaction ever!! Haha Happy Birthday!

Uncle Doug - Great Post! :)

Anonymous said...

thanks DAD !! when i opened it i was laughing and crying so hard i could not breath ! i had no idea, and i did not see it coming because the whole time erika has been here she has always been like " we need to get some Jonas Brothers tickets" or "i love the jonas brothers i wish i could go to the concert"
JENELLE!

Wilma said...

That was too perfect! I was laughing and crying along with the video!

Jamie does a great job with making jewelery!

Was the cake ALL ice cream? I think I like that idea better!

I'm so glad you had a video of the reaction because still shots would have lacked significantly.

That will be one FUN night in July!

May Takahashi said...

I missed your video last night. I saw the one Angie had on first, Loved it.
Its great to see your family having so much fun together. Thats the way families should be,

Sonia said...

Awesome . . . I can't believe Jenelle is 14! augh. The video was priceless!!! seriously . . . it's so great that all your girls get along so well! They always make me laugh because they're so creative and have so much fun together and are always laughing!!!! :o)

Sharon said...

I was impressed with the jewlery that Jamie made.

The video of "she didn't see this one coming" made me laugh and cry. A still picture would not be quite the same.

Looks like you had a great birthday Jenelle. . . Happy Belated Birthday.