Monday, September 22, 2008

Raving Fan update

I have a followup to the Raving Fan posting.


As WestJet promised there was a credit in my account later that night.  However the credit was for $300, not the $450 I was expecting .  Right on their website it said the Fuel Surcharges were from $20 for short haul flights to $45 for long haul flights.   I just assumed Hawaii was a long haul flight.   $45 x 10 = $450.  Today at lunch I sent a quick email asking for clarification.    Again they responded quickly.   Turns out that transborder flights are calculated differently because there are US surcharges included.  It turns out that I only paid $27 per flight in Fuel Surcharges.   $27 x 10 = $270.  Yet I got a credit for $300.    I only want to get back what I paid so now I'm asking why I got more that $270.  The person who responded said that they simply rounded the $27 up to the $30/flight to match the numbers in the press releases.  And then close by asking me if this is okay and wishing me an enjoyable trip.

Even when I questioned them, they come back and make me feel good about my choice to go with Westjet.   The went beyond expectations.   That's how you make raving fans.

3 comments:

.Ang. said...

it's because westjet employees are owners too!

Lana Dawn said...

thats what i was thinking! haha.. good call angie!

I LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

So what happens now that gas prices jumped. Surcharge reinstated tomorrow?