Last weekend we went down to Southern Alberta because Alana was coming up from BYU to attend the funeral of her former roommate's mom in Raymond. We wanted to see her but it worked out well because my nephews Craig and Blair were in Raymond to play football. So we went to the game. My mom and dad were there sitting in the rain with Sharon watching the game. It was fun. Helen and Jim were there as well - their son Bryce (another nephew) coaches the Raymond team. So whichever team won, I would have family on the winning team. (Raymond won 35 - 6).
Sharon, Grandma and Grandpa T.
Nephew Craig waiting for a punt
Alana arriving prepared for the rain and cold
On Saturday we went to Grandma and Grandpa T's to "help" Sharon and her boys clean up some stuff around the yard. Check out Alana's report.
4 comments:
lucky you knew people on both teams! Otherwise that would have just been embarrassing. That is a close game by comets standards though! :)
I bet Grandma and grandpa were so happy to be there! Must have been like watching you play again.
Did anyone throw your shoe on the bus?
Now that brought back memories, Angie when you mentioned about the shoe on the bus...I actually remember that.
The good old days when your Dad played football.
And those photos at the football game...that is kinda what Julia and I looked like, except we had a tarp covering the whole front of us... and we should have been dressed warmer like Alana was.
Wished we could have been there in Raymond for the game.
My mom is so hardcore. She videotapes everything, rain or shine!! We still have yet to watch any of these 100's of videotapes. It will be fun to look back on 10 years from now I guess...like the diaper buddies video!!
I request a blog post about the shoe on the bus story. Some of us haven't heard about that before....
it was SOO good to see you there dad! and good thing you were there to throw your arm in circles for aunty sharon while she was backing up! Its funny that i am standing beside robyn and she really is that much taller than me!
grandma and grandpa are good sports!
Post a Comment