Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hawaii 2011 Part IV

The beach(es)

We pretty much spend part of each day at a beach somewhere.  We hung out at Turtle Bay, Waimea, Sunset and Pounders Beach.

This is Pounders Beach right by our house

We stopped at Sunset Beach after Matsumoto's for shave ice 


Before the trip I purchased an underwater camera.  It turned out to be lots of fun.









Alana & Uncle Luke at Turtle Bay

 Uncle Luke was a hit with Brylie and Tyken as they took turns burying each other in the sand









Tyken remembered going tobogganing when they came home for Christmas in 2009.

Tobogganing  Hawaiian Style





Packing up to leave Waimea Beach

One day Angie and Mike took us to this private cove.






We even tried fishing at Pounders Beach

Waiting for supper

But no fish - so we went to bed hungry that day.

I like this picture of Tyken that Jamie took. 

I enjoy going for long walks on the beach with my girlfriend
(that sounds so corny but its true)



These are from the original pier from the early days of Laie when they had the sugar factory




Tyken and Brylie are like little fish.  They love the beach and the water
Tyken loves to body surf

He'll ride a wave in

 and then he's immediately watching for the next wave

Brylie loves it too.



We saw whales a couple times.   The black dot on the horizon is a whale jumping out of the water.

We tried paddle boarding

We also rented a paddle boat



 My experience was "swimming with the turtles"

But I did stand too.






Right by our house we discovered that many turtles hung out by the rocks.

 Same rock taken from the beach

This is the best picture I could get of the turtles.  I have a fear of heights so I didn't get close enough to the edge of the rock to get the good pictures.

 Looking back toward the beach

4 comments:

Sharon said...

GREAT beach photos!

Tobagganing, body surfing, whale watching, turtle watching, paddle boating (both kinds), private cove. . . what more can I person ask for.

Looks like a PERFECT Hawaii vacation!

Sharon said...

Forgot to add the fishing experience in Hawaii . . . did you catch anything?

Have to get back to Hawaii to try some off these activities.

Anybody else going to BYU Hawaii so we have someone to visit?

May Takahashi said...

Wow. You folks had a great vacation. Didn't seem like you missed anything. There certainly is a lot to do in Hawaii. Glad you were all able to enjoy it together.
Loved all the pictures you put on the blog of your vacation.

Wilma said...

I second all the things that Sharon and Mom said. You sure did a lot in a little time! It all looks amazing.

The underwater faces are keepers.