On April 7th we headed to the airport to catch a flight to Hawaii.
We were going for Erika's graduation ceremony. And to visit our grandkids of course.
There was a direct flight from Calgary to Hawaii but because I'm too cheap to pay the extra $60 per person we had a 2 hour lay over at YVR (Vancouver Airport). Nice face Jamie.
I can only think of two things I don't like about going to Hawaii. One is that my butt doesn't do good on flights longer than 3-4 hours. (Plus I had a bad experience on a flight once that still seems to affect me, It will have to be a blog entry for another day) The other thing I don't like is coming home.
Our first views of Hawaii as we prepare to land.
It was evening by the time we arrived in Laie on the North Shore of Oahu.
Brylie had this great sign on their door to welcome us.
When we originally planned our trip to Hawaii Alana and Luke weren't going to come. They didn't know if they could because they were waiting for Alana's visa to go to the USA. Alana did get her visa but they planned a trip to Arizona to visit Luke's parents. A couple weeks before we were to leave we did get tickets for Alana and Luke to join us. They flew in from Arizona for a few days. But we didn't tell the folks in Hawaii. We wanted to surprise them
Alana knocked on Angie's door. Angie was surprised
5 of my girls and Luke at Angie and Mike's.
We didn't see Erika until the next day because she was studying for 2 exams.
When she saw Alana she was even more surprised than Angie.
We rented this house for 10 days
There was a large common area were we could hang out.
WARNING: The next picture contains nerdy stuff. Viewer discretion is advised
I brought some things from home so we could have our own network. My accessories include at wireless router, a VOIP box and a phone. So we had wireless internet and our second phone line from Calgary working in Hawaii.
The house was only a couple hundred feet away from Pounder's beach.
Our house was to the right at the end of the beach










5 comments:
Great start to your trip to Hawaii.
Isn't it nice to have family time together.
A video of Angie's and Erika's action when Alana
was at the door would have been great to see.
I loved your set up with the electronics.
Looking forward to Part 2.
I'm like you, I would take a layover to save $60 per person!
With that house, it's like you're a local.
What a perfect surprise for Angie and Erika! I was so glad to see an entry from you and am looking forward to soooo many more.
I am glad to see some more pictures from Hawaii! it was so fun to be there, and actually very smart (as well as nerdy) for you to bring your own network because you have the technology.
I hope your butt is ok!
Love you
Great blog!
It was nice to see your ENTIRE family together!
Love the technology. . . to save some more $$.
Looking forward to Part II.
Thanks for the update. Your pictures show what a great time you had. Its wonderful that your family could all be together in Hawaii. Its beautiful down there.
Happy Easter to all of you. Hope your talks went well
Post a Comment