Thursday, October 7, 2010

Papahashi and Sons



I now have 2 son-in-laws (or is it sons-in-law?).   And they were together for the first time this week.


Luke, Papahashi and Mike
On Sunday night this week Mike flew out of Honolulu and and landed Monday morning in Edmonton.  Alana and Luke drove up to pick him up at the airport.   It was the first time Mike and Luke met since Mike wasn't able to come to the wedding.   


Unfortunately Mike came to attend the funeral of his half-brother who died from a heart attack.  The plan was for him to drive with his aunt and other family members to Saskatoon on Tuesday for the funeral on Wednesday.  They drove back to Edmonton last night and he flew out this morning.  He should be back in Hawaii now.


On Monday after Jamie and Jenelle got out of school we drove up to Edmonton to meet up with Mike.  We hadn't seen him since Christmas and with him so close (relatively speaking) we wanted to spend at least some time with him.


I think it was Luke that suggested that we take a picture of the three of us and put it on my blog.


That's just what we did.




I took this picture holding out the camera and pointing it back at us.   Its the first time I've been able to do this and get everyone in the picture

(BTW - What do you think of Papahashi's new glasses?   There was a free glasses offer from ClearlyContacts.ca    They were giving away 3000 pairs of glasses in Calgary.  Mine were almost free - I had to pay for the upgrade to the old person bifocals)

4 comments:

Erika said...

I love this blogpost and I love the pictures.

I also think the glasses are great. They are your style and they are free!

LOVE YOU!

erika

Wilma said...

The glasses look great on you-quite stylish. AND with the exceptional deal you got on them, I'm even more proud to call you my brother!

You and the boys make a wonderful picture...I would frame it and strategically place it in your home.

May Takahashi said...

Good deal on your glasses. They look good on you.
That certainly was a great deal compared to what I paid for mine{,which incidently look a lot like yours.}
l.loved the pictures on your blog . They are so clear.
Nice to see some boys in your family-just think -you could have 6 son in laws.

.cleah. said...

i love the glasses ! and i love the fact that you explained how you took the picture of the three of you. job well done !