Its been 52 years since this appeared in the newspaper.
If you double-click on the picture you can read the article.
Here's a better version of the picture.
June 8, 1957
The Bridal Party.
Standing L to R: Grandpa James Shimbashi, Grandma Teru Shimbashi, Mom (Grandma T), Dad (Grandpa T), Uncle John, Uncle Hank, Grandpa Masajiro Takahashi
Sitting L to R: Auntie Helen, Auntie Margaret (who is originally from Hawaii for those of you in Hawaii)
Courting - October 1955
The story is that dad was in Edmonton and Mom was in Lethbridge. The Calgary Stake Centre was dedicated on September 16, 1956. They both attended the dedicatory meeting where I think President David O. Mckay officiated. (N Eldon Tanner was the Stake President at that time) During the closing prayer dad slipped the engagement ring on mom's finger. She must have said amen to that because we are all here. They didn't have much time to celebrate because apparently they both caught rides to Calgary. Soon after the meeting dad was headed back to Edmonton and mom was on her way back to Lethbridge.
Thank you for all that you do for all of us.
Happy Anniversary!
(Maybe Wilma can add some words)











7 comments:
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY from me too Mom and Dad.
I was so excited that I got my passport today that when I called you I forgot that it was your anniversary, even though I talked with you about it last night.
That was quite the write up for your announcement in the paper. The two of you made a beautiful couple.
Great job Doug! How do you have these pictures from the past? Now I know where Angie gets it from...it's from you!
happy anniversary grandma and grandpa
too bad we couldn't have a HUGE party all together this year. thats always fun!!!
love you
acromoThank you Doug for your posting. It amazes me that you have all those pictures. I'm not even sure that I could put all those pictures together in one day.
Its been a long time and we feel fortunate that we are still able to be together. Many people do not enjoy that privilege..
WE feel grateful for the children we had and the many grandchildren and great grandchildren you and your spouses have given us. THank you They are all great kids and we love them all.
If we make it to 55-maybe we will celebrate again
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD! I hope you have a wonderful day.
I can honestly say you did a great job of raising us and you definitely have the best grandchildren and great grandchildren.
I impressed that Doug had the newspaper article, the pamphlet from the Stake Centre dedication and photos on file.
Keep up the great blog entries everyone! I don't have time to do a blog but I enjoy reading all the blog entries.
Happy Anniversary Grandma and Grandpa!
What a great legacy you two have made together. I feel so fortunate to be a part of it. Love you both and hope you have a wonderful anniversary day together!
P.s. Don't party too hard
Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!
Great post Doug! Thanks.
Happy Anniversary Grandma and Grandpa!! Sure love you guys!!!
Post a Comment