Sunday, April 12, 2009

Where in the World is Candice Takahashi?

Yesterday we took Candi to the airport to catch her flight to Hawaii. She's now finished school and has her secured the job she wanted. She starts in May so what better thing to do then go to Hawaii?

Here's what she packed. The clothes look too small but at least she won't go hungry.

It's finally warming up and she leaves town


But she doesn't look to upset about it.


Saying Good bye at the airport.

Checking in. The person with her is just her porter.

The next part may be disturbing for some (when you realize I find this stuff interesting). Reader discretion is advised.

Did you know that you can track flights in real time online? So that's what I did.

There are several sites available. I am showing just a few sites. I was actually tracking on 6 different sites.

This was the best one. Its tracking the flight on Google Earth. It doesn't show on this page but you also get the latitude and longitude coordinates of the plane. It also showed flights that were close to her fight. For the longest time they were right behind a flight from Vancouver to Maui.

This is how I know she arrived. We are assuming she got picked up.
We'll be waiting for Angie and/or Erika to post some pictures showing Candi arriving.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

aloha! so seeing all those pictures of me so far from land over the ocean scares me, but I am happy that you find so much joy from watching that. Hope you are enjoying the sunny weather in Calgary, we are having fun in Hawaii.


Candi

Burgess Family said...

That's amazing what you can keep track of.

And Candi, I love the packing job...all the essentials.

Lana Dawn said...

wow.. you seem like quite the protective father.

those clothes do seem like they might fit a little small. and i didn't see a bathin suit? maybe she isn't planning on going to the beach.

i hope she has fun

who am i kidding. of course she will

May Takahashi said...

Glad Candi arrived safely.The family in Hawaii will
be so excited to get all the goodies from Canada. I can just see Brylie when the suitcase opens.
THats quite the thing when you can track the planes flight.
Just 11 hours and you are thousands of miles away. AMAZING!

sharon said...

Like the tracking feature. Also, like Candi's choice of packing items. . . should keep Brylie and Tyken busy for a few days.


Did Jamie grow? It looks like she grew some more looking in the group photo . . . or did Judy shrink?

Wilma said...

...Maybe Candi is going to the beach but NOT planning on wearing a swimming suit....

I hope the chips made it there safely without all the air sucked out and chips crashed.

That Candi...living the life...

that tracking thing is amazing, technology is amazing