This year we got some licorice laces like we usually do. It kept me busy (at least until they were all eaten)
This year we started a new tradition - thanks to Mike and Petrea. When we were in Saskatoon they told us about this biscuit (cookie) from New Zealand called the Tim Tam. They do this thing called the Tim Tam Slam. They explained it to us but I really didn't get it until I did a google/You Tube search.
So between the morning and afternoon session we decided to try it. You can now my Tim Tams at London Drugs.
So for a Tim Tam Slam you need some Tim Tam's and hot chocolate. We also had some KitKats because Mike said it might work with those as well.
Jenelle made the hot chocolate
I went first. The first step is to bite off the ends of the Tim Tam.
Then you use it like a straw to suck up the hot chocolate. The hot chocolate melts the cream filling and the makes the biscuit very soft.
You have to "slam" it into your mouth before it falls apart.
It literally melts in your mouth.
Its finger licken' good.
Jamie went next.
Then it was Jenelle's turn
And finally Judy
It was fun. It really does melt in your mouth. We also tried it with a KitKat bar. It works but it doesn't melt as much. But Judy and I agreed that we like the taste of the KitKat better.
Thanks for telling us about this Mike and Petra. They learned it from Tom who served a mission in New Zealand. I wonder if my Mission President does the Tim Tam Slam at home.



















4 comments:
Interesting blog. Cant believe you still have all that snow. Our snow is nearly gone and its beginning to look like spring.
The Tim Tam Slams looks like fun for you younger
generation but I think I will pass.
Enjoyed conference at home on the computer. It came in clear with no stalling. Its great to have high speed.
Talked to Brylie this afternoon. Mike said it was through the computer.This modern technology is so amazing. Hope all is well and you get rid of the snow soon. It looks like winter in Calgary.Love to all
I want to try that when I get home.
I was thinking about those licorice strings today and wishing I had some. I was having a hard time staying awake... that definitely would have helped.
P.S... You painted the kitchen... I had no idea
Does the hot chocolate cool off so that you can drink it okay?...just wandering... It looks like something I would like to try but finding the Tim Tam would be hard.
And finding shoestring licorice is difficult also...who knew? Well, I do, I found out at Halloween when I needed some black licorice for spider legs.
You've been busy blogging this weekend...I like it.
Post a Comment