I drive an older VW Golf that has some rusty spots on the back. In the summer we had lots of rain in Calgary. After a couple days of steady rain there was a couple inches of water in the floor on the passenger side. The rain was getting into my car through these rust spots and pooling in the lowest point of the floor.
Duct Tape was the solution. It doesn't look pretty but it worked in keeping out the rain. My car has been dry through all the rain since thanks to Duct Tape. It would have looked better if I had black tape or a silver car.
Using Duct Tape on a beater like mine is one thing, but the owner of this Cadillac deserves some sort of award.
Maybe the owner thought no one would notice because the car was silver.
The bungee cords are a nice touch.
I'm so glad Candi had her camera with her on the drive home.

11 comments:
hmmm i think you should paint that tape black..
The taped up car reminds me of the focus and our maxima. We had to tape the windows up in both.
It doesn't look nearly as "sweet" as that cadi though. YOu are right, the bungie cords add a lot!
I especially liked the moving tip!
-Words to live by!
okay, from the look of the cadillac, I don't think it would matter if the duct tape was black... you eventually notice it...
If you ever need some tiny bungee cord (I'm thinking it will stand out less), I have some that you can cut to any length (yes, I found it at "the" store).
Wilma
Love it...it would be something I would do...alot cheaper than taking the vehicle in for repairs...I am all for saving some money.
But sometimes...you have no choice...and duct tape is the only thing that will work.
A few years ago, Darrell and I put a hole in our canoe going down North Saskatchewan River. Duct tape was the only thing that worked to get us to the end.
After that we pack duct tape with us every canoe trip...I even went out and bought extra wide and extra strong duct tape at Princess Auto.
Duct Tape...might be something we all want to add to our first aid kit...something to think about.
i think the tape should be black, or painted black! but i do remember when there was a swamp in your car and the duct tape did fix that for you!
the cadi pulls off the duct tape look better than your car though.. no offence
i also really liked the moving tip. Where did you see that?
I agree. I always have duct tape around. It is supposed to be good for taking off warts.I have never tried it but I know someone who has. I agree with Angie.. Paint over the duct tape on your car. It won't work any better but it won't be so obvious, If it doesn't bother you why worry/ Mom
....but... if you really care about color you can go to Home Hardware (Canada) and buy it in a variety of colors - love the yellow. I'm sure U.S. of THE A's has them in a gazillion colors...at least 10 anyway. Now I can imagine PAPAHASHI on the purchase of his next car thinking, "Shall I check the colors of duct tape first ....??? before I buy....!!!!"
Check out my quick attempt at blogging at "gathersnut.blogspot.com
Wilma...it's gathernutS. I just figured there was more than one nut down there. Also, I can't leave a comment unless I'm a blogger so I will leave it here. You need to have an name/URL. Have fun with Zak this weekend and thanks.
AK
Sorry...gatherSnutS.
Hey Doug, this is Tim, your buddy from you last blog with the headlamp.
Oh...my...Gosh.... I got goose bumps when I read this blog. Take one guess at what kind of car I drive... Yup, VW Golf. Have had it since 2001.
By the way, in this part of the world duct tape is called "Kentucky chrome."
Post a Comment